Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 22 - Grand Island, Ne.

I just can not believe this Mission is winding down. It has gone by so fast. A nice group of folks from Canada, gave us the firewood for last nights fire as they were leaving. We gifted the balance of the wood to others before breakfast. That seems to be the Wyatt's way. Breakfast at Wyatts Campground is always a time of good food and fellowship. Goodbyes and we were off in the rain to Rapid City for the all important Hog Pin. In and out in 10 minutes, a Tim and Jeff speciality. Harley decided to hold the expo outside for a change, probably looked good on paper until the rain showed up. Not many of the faithfulull will stand in the rain to look at the chrome.

About 3 hours in a light rain is nothing for the "rainman"(hear songs from the seat- Road hawg music). Sky's cleared south of the badlands and we had some wind through Valentine.

As I rode, I just enjoyed the day, thinking of some of the scenery we have seen in the past days and weeks. As stated, I just can not believe this is coming to an end. I miss Dr. Jane and Melissa, and the stinking dogs, but there is a part of me that just wants to take a right turn after a weekend in Texas and head to California.

I guess you will know how this decision went tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment