Saturday, August 8, 2009

Day 23 - Last Day on the Road - Carrollton

Well I just can not believe this is over, time has flew by. As we
mounted up, 8-ball discussed his early exit in Kansas for some family
time. We rode the first 300 miles together then I would do the last
leg was solo. Ministry is a 24/7 activity, and yet we agreed that we
both felt the primary goals and purposes had been achieved and
completed. We were focused on home on day 23.

As I crossed Nebraska, I was sad that the end of the road was in
sight. I reflected on the sights and sounds of the north. When I got
to Kansas I was looking for ways to extend the trip and my mind
wondered in no particular direction. However, once I hit the Oklahoma
border, I felt I was almost home. I spend so much time in Oklahoma,
it really does feel like home in a way. The sounds of the "Second
chance Band" brought my mind back into focus. Then......

Well, I will digress. A number of years ago, a business firm began
distributing "Drive like an idiot" pills in Houston. This was mainly
on fridays and extra heavy distribution was on the north freeway 45N,
but those effected wandered around the city generally within beltway
8. This effort was wildly successful so distribution began 7 days a
week. Some time later the process of "Drive like an idiot" pill
distribution began in Dallas, with much the same result. However,
Dallas-ites proved more susceptible to the pill and folks were
effected to a greater degree. For some reason Dallas had far greater
distribution in the metroplex area than Ft. Worth.

So, as I mentioned, I spend a lot of time in Oklahoma, especially the
city. But, this is rarely on friday afternoons. I am sad to report
that the "Drive like an Idiot" pill distribution has begun in Oklahoma
City on Friday afternoons. I had two cages menace me, between Edmond
and Pauls Valley. Of course an old guy on a Harley riding solo can be
vulnerable and looks like a good target to folks who have taken the
"Drive like an idiot" pill.

Thankfully we had 9700 miles of issue free highway. God divinely
protected us the entire way, and me on the last leg home on friday
afternoon.

This is all in fun, and, all motorcyclists must remember at all
times, no matter how difficult it gets, to drive defensively.

Epilog to follow ......

No comments:

Post a Comment